Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
jack4slx

Saleslogix Support Google Chrome and Mozilla

Hi all,

Some of my clients are continuosly reporting that saleslogix 7.5.2 is not working properly on chrome and mozilla as it in IE Could any body please kindly suggest whether is there any restriction for SLX 7.5.2 web on chrome and mozilla. Because some of my users are using 64 bit machines . So they are facing many issues with chrome and mozilla. But on all machines. I observed most issues on 64 bit OS with chrome or mozilla.

Any one, please kindly suggest or help.

Because our cleints are very unhappy about this.

Regards,

Jack

Please use plain text.
kalpesh_online

Re: Saleslogix Support Google Chrome and Mozilla

Hi Jack,

Few of our clients are using Google Chrome and FireFox, till now only one bug was reported for Google Chrome and that was list of Data Groups, besides it's working fine and with 2/3 times of speed.

Can you please check if the same thing is happening on the server.

Please use plain text.
Employee
scankannan

for v7.5.2 the limitations for using SalesLogix on firefox or chrome apply for the following.

• Mail Merge
  • Send SLX
  • Drag and Drop Attachments

with v7.5.3 release the above limitations have been resolved as there are no more Active X for running Mail Merge/Send SLX. They run as a system tray app and therefore you should have the above issue sorted out.

In context with issues that you face currently it may be in context with the way your app was deployed. If you are using Firefox you could use a tool like Fiddler to see if the information being passed between the web server and the client is correct.

Regards

Kannan

Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
jack4slx

Hey Kannan,

The issues we are facing include attachments, Mail Merge and Groups not appearing properly in the header part under each entity.

Strangely, we are also facing one more issue i.e salesprocess stages are not loading infact not appearing properly while our users select any salesprocess under opportunity. But i have tried from my side with both the browsers and they are working fine from my side. Any Suggestions........

Regards,

Jack

Please use plain text.
Employee
scankannan

Hello Jack

Chrome and Firefox are not compatible with SalesLogix v7.5.2. As far as v7.5.3 is concerned Firefox support has been added on the client side. I hope you have enabled the 32 bit within your 64 bit environment? I have a feeling that this may be happening due to to your server settings. Try using tools like fiddler to see if you are missing something.

regards

Kannan

Please use plain text.
Nickel Super Contributor
dennissekulic

I got around this in Chrome by running SLX in an IE tab of Chrome.  Works well for my company.

Give that a shot...

Please use plain text.