Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
rhelme1

Design reports without the admin password - possible?

7.5.3 LAN

A client wants to have a user modify reports without having the SLX admin password.

They need to be able to extract the report and edit, checking it back in is not as important (can be done by someone else).

Any ideas how to do this?

Roy Helmer

ISSI

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

Re: Design reports without the admin password - possible?

I'm stating the obvious, but you could also have the admin check the reports out and then send the files to that user for editing in Crystal Reports. The files are stored under C:\Users\%profile_name%\Documents\SalesLogix\Reports\Architect\CheckOut. While it's technically possible to extract the report, since its just a blob, it's not recommended. The user would still be subjected to security when they attempted to extract the report, assuming they logged in as themselves and went through SLXOLEDB.

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.
rhelme1

Thanks Mike.

I was looking for a way for them to log into SLX as themself and somehow have access to the reports.

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

Unfortunately, this will not be possible, even if you assign this user an administrative role. The only possible solution would be to have this new user take ownership of the reports (i.e. PLUGIN.USERID = %NewUserId%); however, the original user, even if it's the ADMIN...would not be able to manage those reports afterward.

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.
rhelme1

Thanks again Mike.

I thought that's the case but wanted top confirm before I tell the client.

Please use plain text.