Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
jason@cufis.com

Generate letter as PDF?

All,

is it possible, or is there add-on software anywhere, where we can enable users to "Write" letter and save it as PDF, as opposed to DOC?  This would help us by the allowing the sales reps to generate these letters themselves, rather than having management do it to ensure it is converted to PDF afterwards.

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

Re: Generate letter as PDF?

As far as integration with the Write menu in SalesLogix, this feature is unavailable out-of-the-box. Word 2010 can natively write PDF files, so user's could certainly generate them from DOC files (Word 2007 can save as PDF with a free add-in from Microsoft).

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.
Gold Super Contributor
RJLedger

As Mike says.. not available as part of SLX OOTB.

I'd suggest you get a PDF "printer driver". This is the quickest/easiest way out of your situation.  A company called BullZip has a "free" one I've used (and still do). Here's a writeup on it: http://rjledger.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/i-need-to-print-pdf/

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Please use plain text.
jason@cufis.com

Right now management is using Word 2007 to convert the doc to PDF, and the users do have CutePDF (free PDF print distiller) installed, but as I'm sure you're all aware, sales reps are generally idiots and a simply mistake could be disasterous for us.  (like sending a word DOC file with an image of the owner's signature, hence why we need to send the DOCs as PDF).

Please use plain text.
rs1000

You can copy your letter in a Doc and use Spire Free PDF Converter convert to PDF format. It's Free!

Please use plain text.
thyui

i can give you some advices in converting pdf to some other formats because i always do such a work. you may try adobe firstly but i have ever tried but failed eventually. so i turned to some third party software which contains the function of converting pdf to many other formats . this sdk can do pdf to text conversion in c# ,net. vb, etc. good luck.

Please use plain text.
lilycan

you can use this .net pdf library to save as pdf, this pdf applilication suupports converting and saving all kinds of formats to pdf. maybe it will help you.

Please use plain text.