Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor
DanCarvin

SpeedSearch

SLX 7.5.0

Speedsearch getting an error during full scan Attachments.  The result is that no results from attached files are found.  Speedsearch does work fine for History.

A possibility I've thought of is that a corrupt file exists which causes the process to crash.   But this system has 70,000 attachment files.   Does anyone know of a utility that can scan a folder containing thousands of DOC, EXL, PDF and MSG files and identify corrupt ones?

Please use plain text.
Employee
pzeimet

Re: SpeedSearch

What is the error you receive when building the Attachment index?
Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Please use plain text.
Bronze Super Contributor
DanCarvin

The error message is non-descriptive.  It pretty much just says there was an error during indexing.

We think it was a hard drive space issue.    The customer reported the available hard drive space dwindling to nothing during the indexing.    Cleaning up the C: drive corrected the problem.

Please use plain text.
saraflavorman

We get a similar message. Error getting search path. Error Unable to Communicate with SpeedSearch Service. Alias: My company's name.

Is Speed Search turned off some where?

Please use plain text.
Employee
pzeimet

Error: "Error getting search path. Error Unable to Communicate with SpeedSearch Service"

This error will occur if SlxSystem is unable to get an instance of the SpeedSearch Service object from SlxServer.

Run SpeedSearchConfig to ensure service is configured correctly.  Also make sure SpeedSearch directory is shared on the network.

You can try restarting the SpeedSearch service.

If that does not work, try the following:

1) Stop SpeedSearch service

2) Stop SlxServer

3) Start SlxServer as an application by double clicking on the SlxServer.exe file.

4) Once SlxServer has started, start the SpeedSearch Service.  You should see a line in SlxServer that indicates that SpeedSearch registered itself with SlxServer.

5) Open the Index Schedules screen in Admin, this will attempt a call to SlxServer to retrieve SpeedSearch instance.  You should be able to also see this attempt as a line in the SlxServer.

This will tell you if SpeedSearch is correctly registering itself with SlxServer.  It will also tell you if the client is requesting the SpeedSearch instance correctly from SlxServer.

Paul Zeimet

SalesLogix Development Manager

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Please use plain text.
Gold Super Contributor
RJLedger

In addition to Paul's info... make sure SpeedSearch is running under a user that has admin rights on the box and rights to get at SalesLogix.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Please use plain text.
saraflavorman

How do I know if I have admin rights?
Please use plain text.
Gold Super Contributor
RJLedger

The Windows User is in the local Windows Admin group. It's all in the SalesLogix Installation docs.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Please use plain text.