Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
kj27
Accepted Solution

SpeedSearch Error

Hi All,

We keep getting the following SpeedSearch error:

http://saleslogixqa.xx.net:3333/SlxClient/SpeedSearch.aspx Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703FA) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at .GetDefaultDomain()

Error: "Error getting search path. Error Unable to Communicate with SpeedSearch Service"

I have verified the following:

1. SpeedSearch service is running under an account that is local admin.

2. The SpeedSearchConfig shows that the connection setting is correct.

3. From Admin, I'm able to run manual indexing w/o errors and can see the entries in the SLXServer (when started as an application).

4. I have re-started both the SLX Server service and SpeedSearch service but still get the error above.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

Re: SpeedSearch Error

Please use plain text.
kj27

That was pretty helpful - thanks. After making the change in the group policy editor, I re-started the SLX and Speedsearch services.

I now get the following:

$E 0001 Unable to access index

\\<server name>\SpeedSearch\SALESLOGIX_QA\Data\Collections\Library

$E 0001 Unable to access index

\\<server name>\SpeedSearch\SALESLOGIX_QA\Data\Collections\History

The error makes sense in that under \Library directory of the server, I only see the following directories: PMI.Account, PMI.Contact, and PMI.Lead and spDelFiles file.

Are these directories supposed to be created manually?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

It may be that the indexes did not get created because of errors you had previously. The indexes are defined in sysdba.INDEXDEFINITION. You can rebuild the indexes in Admin.exe by going to Manage > SpeedSeearch Configuration.

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.
kj27

That did it - I ran full indexing through Admin and that created the needed directories. It's working perfectly - Thanks a lot for your help!

Please use plain text.
Employee
mcessna

Glad to help!

Thanks

Mike

Please use plain text.